RECIPE: NEIPA Milkshake Juicebomb IPA

Please share your recipes ideas, or post a recipe that you want some feedback on. Successful recipes can be added to our Recipe Database for other MiniBrewers to use. Please contact an admin.
richardhallebeek
Site Admin
Reactions:

Today on International Beer Day, I brewed this NEIPA Milkshake IPA that should be quite a juicebomb with Sabro, Citra and Mosaic hops and dry hops.

Dryhops should be 10 grams for each hop with the use of a hop spider.

Dryhop the first 3 days with the first batch of 3 dry hops that says '3 days' in the recipe. Then take out the hop spider and add the second batch of 3 hops for three days (that says 6 days)

Cheers!
Attachments
NEIPA Milkshake.jpg
NEIPA Milkshake.jpg (386.85 KiB) Viewed 1017 times
Guerrilla
Site Admin
Reactions:

Added to the database! Looks amazing :)
MiniCox
Reactions:

Nice recipe. But the sabro hop. Where do you buy it? I can't find it anywhere!
richardhallebeek
Site Admin
Reactions:

It's mentioned in the Facebook group: https://twojbrowar.pl/en/jolisearch?ord ... it_search=
richardhallebeek
Site Admin
Reactions:

It came out really nice ;-) Juicy and hazy
Attachments
IMG_7705.jpeg
IMG_7705.jpeg (594.32 KiB) Viewed 888 times
IMG_7694.jpeg
IMG_7694.jpeg (388.49 KiB) Viewed 888 times
Tuur
Reactions:

MiniCox wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:39 am
Nice recipe. But the sabro hop. Where do you buy it? I can't find it anywhere!
A bit late, but check out viewtopic.php?f=26&t=43

Shipping is very cheap too...
Guilherme
Reactions:

Hello Richard.

I'll try this promising recipe of yours. However I was left with two doubts while going through our reference platforms for recipe exchange, here and Brewmates. There it goes:

1) "Dryhops should be 10 grams for each hop with the use of a hop spider.", however the pdf states 1.00g for each hop. Perhaps an input issue?

2) The Milkshake IPA recipe in Brewmates is somewhat different than this one up here. Given that there's no right or wrong, which one turned out better in your opinion?

Thanks in advance.

Guilherme
richardhallebeek
Site Admin
Reactions:

Hi Guilherme, I enter 1 gram of dry hop to fool the brewportal. I use a hopspider and otherwise you would have to change the trub container about 10 times, while there is no need for that with the hop spider. So 10 grams of each hop in the hopspider and enter 1 grams in the brewportal to stop all the unnecessary trub container removal commands.
This one is better. The single hop Milkshake Sabro IPA was meeh to my opinion. Sabro tastes artificial to my taste.
Guilherme
Reactions:

Understood. Thank you. Will let you know how it went.
richardhallebeek wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:05 am
Hi Guilherme, I enter 1 gram of dry hop to fool the brewportal. I use a hopspider and otherwise you would have to change the trub container about 10 times, while there is no need for that with the hop spider. So 10 grams of each hop in the hopspider and enter 1 grams in the brewportal to stop all the unnecessary trub container removal commands.
This one is better. The single hop Milkshake Sabro IPA was meeh to my opinion. Sabro tastes artificial to my taste.