RECIPE: Leffe Blond (Clone)

Please share your recipes ideas, or post a recipe that you want some feedback on. Successful recipes can be added to our Recipe Database for other MiniBrewers to use. Please contact an admin.
richardhallebeek
Site Admin
Reactions:

This is a Leffe Blond Clone, that's a bit more higher in ABV. The original is 6,6% and this one's 7,5%. Also added slightly more (sweet) orange peel for this one.
It will be ready in a couple of days and will keep you posted. Probably I will bottle up 6 bottles and save the rest in the fridge in a minikeg.
Attachments
Leffe.png
Leffe.png (200.68 KiB) Viewed 944 times
pere
Reactions:

Hi Richard,
I am pretty excited about getting to a Leffe Blonde brew :-) I am trying to copy your recipe into the portal. Excuse me that this is my very first Portal trial so the question may be trivial to you.
First of all: Which recipe should I use? The screenshot from the Portal differs with the one that I get when I copy the recipe to Brewfather ( different yeast and different malts as well as different sugar amount). If it is the Brewfather one - then there is no amount on the Yeast:
0 ml — Mangrove Jack's M31 Belgian Tripel
Thanks in advance
Per
richardhallebeek
Site Admin
Reactions:

Hi Pete, use the brewmaster.beer site to copy this recipe to your brewportal.
I don’t like the yeast mentioned above (too many esters), but try the yeast mentioned in Brewfather and let me know how that works out. Use about 8 grams of yeast.
pere
Reactions:

Hi Richard(again)
I am sorry - but I thought that it is not possible to copy this from Brewfather to Brewportal - or do you mean I need to enter each and every value/step by hand ?
Or is something I need to purchase (Brewfather Premium) ?
Thanks
richardhallebeek
Site Admin
Reactions:

I wrote about the brewmasters.beer site - you can copy to the Brewportal.
pere
Reactions:

Dear Richard,
I am sorry for my incompetence - but I have searched for brewmasters.beer etc but do not find the information you wrote about copying a recipe to Brewportal..
The site brewmasters.beer doesn't exist !

I kindly ask you to share a link to this information
Sorry for that - hope I can make it up to you some other time :-)
Best regards
Per
richardhallebeek
Site Admin
Reactions:

https://brewmates.beer/
Info on the website, here on the forum and on the Facebook group how this works. Please read it.
pere
Reactions:

Thank you very much.
I saw the 'brewmasters' and not 'brewmates' :-)
richardhallebeek
Site Admin
Reactions:

Sorry, auto correct ;-)
Just enter your credentials on the website and it's easy.. takes a couple of minutes. let me know if that works out.
pere
Reactions:

Hi Richard,
It works perfectly - thank you so much.
Now I have been investigating your different recipes on the Richard Hallebeek Leffe Blonde theme :-) and found quite different recipes with regards to amount of malt total (even though the amount of hops are the same)
but I guess the latest recipe on brewmates.beer should be the best one ?
Do you think it would be alright to use the Safale US 05 yeast ? (can't get the SafBrew WB-06 here). Safbrew T-58 for Belgian Ales is also an option for me?
I am so excited to soon start the first trial on a Leffe blonde clone - thanks to you !
Best regards
Per
Last edited by pere on Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.