RECIPE: PUNK IPA (clone)

Please share your recipes ideas, or post a recipe that you want some feedback on. Successful recipes can be added to our Recipe Database for other MiniBrewers to use. Please contact an admin.
richardhallebeek
Site Admin
Reactions:

A faithful reproduction for the MiniBrew of the original recipe (PUNK IPA 2010 - current) as given by Brewdog themselves.
As the original has 8 hopdrops and the MiniBrew is only capable of doing 6 hopdrops, there is a combined hopdrop that's not in the recipe:

Add 3,6 gr Nelson Sauvin hops and 3,6 gr Simcoe to the '0 min' hopdrop bags 5 and 6.

The 6 conditioning steps at the end are all set to '0 days'. So you will get 6 commands from the app to change the trub container. If you use a hop spider, you can ignore those commands. I did not use a hop spider because I really wanted to dryphop in the beer and I shook the keg every now and then. You can do the 6 trub removals within an hour or so in between, once it's filled up with the dry hop. No need to wait for 48h.
Attachments
Punk IPA.png
Punk IPA.png (668.99 KiB) Viewed 820 times
Guerrilla
Site Admin
Reactions:

Whoa thats a massive dry hop! What is it all up? I often do 40g and I thought that was a lot!
richardhallebeek
Site Admin
Reactions:

I hope it's hoppier then the ones I find in the stores. Seems like those bottles are on the shelves for such a long time that all taste has disappeared.
Guerrilla
Site Admin
Reactions:

richardhallebeek wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:02 am
I hope it's hoppier then the ones I find in the stores. Seems like those bottles are on the shelves for such a long time that all taste has disappeared.
100%