Connection to Water Supply

Discuss any of your brewing equipment outside of the MiniBrew itself.
Gringo56
Reactions:

Edited the post as I just found the official documentation

--------

Hi guys,
I bought my Minibrew a few weeks ago and it will arrive in two months from now. I am so excited! To make sure that everything is in place when the Minirbew arrives I would like to ask two clarification questions here. Hope someone of you will be able to help me out :)

I understood that the Minibrew needs to be connected to the water line during the mashing process and also to cool down the wort after the mashing has been done.
First question: it needs a connection only to the cold water line, right?
Second question: it is possible to connect the Minibrew directly to the water dispenser in the kitchen (above the sink), right? Then I would simply open the water dispenser, the water will flow to the Minibrew and there is valve that opens whenever Minibrew needs water to mash or cool. Is that correct?
That would make the installation of t-fittings under the sink obsolete.

Just found the documentation on the topic:
https://minibrew.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a ... tion-Setup

I am very bad at anything that is related to installations. Hope my questions are clear. Please let me know if otherwise.

Looking forward to be brewing with you. All the best and cheers,
Gringo56
Tuur
Reactions:

Gringo56 wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:47 pm
First question: it needs a connection only to the cold water line, right?
Yup.
Second question: it is possible to connect the Minibrew directly to the water dispenser in the kitchen (above the sink), right? Then I would simply open the water dispenser, the water will flow to the Minibrew and there is valve that opens whenever Minibrew needs water to mash or cool. Is that correct?
Yup. Assuming you mean the tap...